Friday 6 February 2015

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review

Hello everyone.

Today I am talking about the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. So if you want to hear what I think of it, read on.


I was really excited to use this foundation as I've heard a lot of good things about it from reading other blogs. Also, I was hoping to find a drug store foundation I could start to use instead of breaking the bank.

I bought the shade 010 Light Porcelain because, well, I'm super pale. I absolutely love the colour, it's the perfect shade for my skin tone. Normally I have to brush the excess foundation on my brush slightly down my neck to give a more even finish however, with this foundation it truly was the perfect match that I never needed to. Also, considering its a drug store foundation, Rimmel has produced a great shade for us paler folk. 

Now to get to the negative. If I'm totally honest, I don't really like this foundation. I love it when I first apply it and the first I'd say 2-3 hours it still looks ok, but then it goes downhill. 

To give a brief history on my skin, I suffered really really bad acne when I was 16 and I still have blemish marks on my cheeks and quite bad scarring on my cheeks too. I occasionally still get the odd spot now and again on my chin and jawline otherwise, I'm pretty spot free. I do however still suffer from a slight oily t-zone and my skin can get a bit dry. More dry than oily in the winter and the opposite in summer. 

So I like a foundation that is more high coverage to cover my blemish marks and try and conceal as much of my scars as possible. I do also like a more dewy finish than matte as I find matte foundations tend to cling to my skin more.

So, going back to the Wake Me Up foundation. I found I needed two layers of foundation as well as concealer to give me the coverage I wanted which, I didn't mind too much. The real issue for me was that the more the day went on, the finish just didn't really look great. It looked quite bumpy on my chin after a while and it would almost be fully off my nose even with a powder. I also remember one day, I itched my forehead and when I looked in the mirror my foundation had moved.

In my opinion I think this foundation is better suited to people with pretty clear but mainly normal skin.

It's a shame because it was only £5.99 on offer compared to my Estee Lauder Double Wear which is £29.50.

I think I will definitely try this foundation again in a few months time when my skin changes again as you never know it might not suit me now. That happened with me and Nars Sheer Glow. I really didn't like it at first then left it for about 3 months then loved it.

Have you tried this foundation?

What do you think of it?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have this foundation and I really like it on the whole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people tend to like it, must be my skin haha x

    ReplyDelete

© Ciara's Cupboard | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig