Monday 25 May 2015

Festival Essentials Guide

Hello everyone.

Festival season is officially upon us and I for one am super excited about it!

I adore festivals and I'm finally going to Glasto for the first time after an 8 year wait for someone to go with me. My friend and I were so lucky to get tickets in the re-sale at the end of April and I can't believe we go in 1 month time ahhhhh.

So, in the light of me being a little bit of a pro when it comes it festivals having been to Reading 3 times, I thought I'd do a bit of an essentials post for you first timers ranging from beauty, to clothing items and the odd random item thrown in.

First up, clothing....

I'm going to do another post with festival outfit ideas for you all, however in the mean time I thought I'd share items you 100% want to take with you. 
So first up, a rain mac. The english weather is so unpredictable that you don't want to be caught out in the rain and have crappy hair that you can't style and sort out until you can shower at home 4 days later so this is a must. I actually have this one and it's from ASOS and is going to be perfect at Glasto. Not only is it bright so my friend will ever lose me, but it's pretty warm too which will be great for drinking round the camp fire.
Next up wellies. Again, a must even if it's crazy hot and dry the day you leave, the chances of it turning into a storm and mud everywhere, quite high. These ones are the classic festival goers choice from Hunter and are really comfy for the 4 days you're going to live in them.
Ahh the bum bag. Hated by some and loved by me. This one from Boohoo is perfect as one, it's black and will go with all your outfits and two, it has a few compartments and is the perfect size to fit your phone and purse in.
The forth thing you should never forget is your sunnies. What's worse than it finally being warm and bright if you've forgotten your sunglasses and can't see your favourite act because you're being blinded? The worse. These cuties are from ASOS and will suit every face shape.
Finally, a flower crown. I bloody love flower crowns. I used to wear them all the time even when I wasn't in a field and a festival is the perfect place to rock them. The bigger the better I say. This beaut is from Mini Bow Chic's Etsy account.

Next up, beauty....
Lets face it. You're in a field and your skincare regime consisting of cleanser, toner, serums, moisturisers etc goes out the window. Who has time for that / there is no sink in sight. So what's the best thing to bring? Garnier's mincellar water of course. This stuff will take your makeup off and give it a good clean so you don't feel too vile about not washing your face properly for what feels like forever. The good thing is it comes in a mini size too so perfect to pop in your bag.
Next up is dry shampoo and baby wipes. These two products will become your best friend. I'm quite lucky, my hair doesn't really get greasy that quickly which is why I only wash my hair twice a week, so it's not a crazy adjustment for me. However, I do always pack a dry shampoo. I love this one by Fudge Urban as it smells good and does the job well. Your next best friend will be baby wipes. I always pack these Johnson's ones with me for a good old baby wipe shower. Yes that is what you'll be doing in your tent.
Now the two makeup items I feel everyone should bring is your favourite bold lipstick and a pair of lashes. I tend to bring my Mac Ruby Woo as it's the best red lip and just makes you feel and look a tad better when you've not been getting much sleep. Which leads me to lashes. You may be thinking why would you bother? But, lashes will open your eyes and make you look more awake and girls, it only takes 2 minutes to put on. These two items are little life savers for me.

Finally, random but a must....

If you're bringing your iPhone then you will 100% need a wireless charger as we all know iPhones have awful battery unless you don't use it. This one is from Amazon and comes in 4 different colours. You can get these anywhere. My sister bought me one for £5 from Pound stretcher and it works great.
Now the last thing I personally think everyone should bring to a festival. That is, a disposable camera. These are the best as you can take so many photos and you don't know how they turn out until you get them developed. I love the photos they produce because you forget that you took a photo of that memory and just in general the quality is just so old school, I love it!

Let me know if you've found this post helpful!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. AHHHHH! The glastonbury excitement is so real!!

    ReplyDelete

© Ciara's Cupboard | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig